What constitutes Personally Identifiable Information?
The term “Personally Identifiable Information” means individually identifiable information about an individual visitor to our site collected online by us from that individual and maintained by us in an accessible form, including any of the following:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town.
- An email address.
- A telephone number.
- A social security number.
- Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
- Information concerning a user that our Web site or online service collects online from the user and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described here.
What Personally Identifiable Information do we collect?
If during your visit to our site you only browse, read pages or download material, we do not collect any information that will identify you personally, or determine your email address. Our Web server automatically recognizes the domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address of each visitor to our site. An IP address is a code that identifies a particular computer on the Internet. Every computer or network that’s connected to the Internet has an IP address. Like most many sites, we collect and may analyze that information to help us improve the site for our visitors. This helps us determine which pages you visit, how long you stay and the site you visited immediately beforehand. Your IP address is used to help identify your computer and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information. We may provide forms and links in places throughout the site for you to send comments, to ask for more information and to report problems you may experience on our site. If you email us through one of our response forms on the site, we cannot determine your email address unless you include it in your response. If you email us directly using your email program (or click on a link at our site that opens your email program to send mail), we will receive your email address as part of your message to us. When you use our services, we may add your name and email address to our customer email list. The information you provide us usually includes your name, email address and your mailing or delivery address and will be stored on our mail server. You may choose to provide us additional information such as personal preferences. Each time you receive an email from us as a result of your being placed on our customer list, you will have the opportunity to remove yourself from our email list by unsubscribing – or changing your personal information by updating your profile. We do not share our email list data with any other organization or person.
What Personally Identifiable Information do we disclose to others?
We do not share your Personally Identifiable Information with others, unless required by a lawful request by an authorized law enforcement agency.
Other information concerning your privacy.
Your option to request the deletion of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Unless prevented by law, we offer our visitors the option to have their personal information deleted from our email list database or to stop receiving communications from us. You may do this by replying to any email we send to you or by sending us an email requesting that we remove your name from our list.
Privacy of Children.
At Better Emailing, we are especially concerned with protecting the privacy of children who might visit our site. We fully support and are in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Please note the following:
- Our site is not intended to attract or interest children. This site offers services that are targeted to adult businesses or consumers. The content of this web site is suited for visitors of all ages.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children, however, we have no way of knowing the precise age of any person who might contact us by email or provide personal information in some other way.
- We do not specifically ask for the age of any person who uses our Web site. Our Web site contains no information that might be considered adult content.
- We do not ask children for information, and we never directly share the information we collect with anyone.
- If you or your child is under age 13, the consent of a parent is required before we will knowingly collect or use any personal information.
- At any time, a parent may review the child’s personal information, ask us to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of information from the child.
You may consent to our collection of personal information from your child by sending us an email identifying yourself and your child and authorizing us to collect personal information from the child. If you believe your child has submitted personal information to us and you want us to remove it from our records or email lists, please provide your child’s full name and the email address he or she would have used when submitting information to us. We will search our files – remove the information if found – and advise you of the results of our actions. You can also reach us at Better Emailing, 24 Via Floreado, Orinda, CA 94563, Tel: 510-435-3400. Please remember that no one can guarantee the complete security of information transmitted over the Internet. Therefore, you should be careful about the personal information which you provide to us or any other site. Rest assured that we will do everything we can to safeguard your information.
How to reach us.